Friday, April 18, 2008

Its better to judge rather to recieve a verdict..

Here is a little piece about inspirational quotes on perception, the pitfalls it can lead to in judging people and my take on them.

There is little room left for wisdom when one is full of judgment. - Malcolm Hein

How can I determine the real you when I have already pre-judge you without you knowing it? Indeed this is not only unfair but I also deprive myself of knowing who you really are.

A mistake in judgment isn't fatal, but too much anxiety about judgment is. - Pauline Kael

Indeed anticipating an outcome and being jittery about it saps a lot of mental energy better conserved than wasted. Acceptance of a decision is cushioned by the consoling thought that it was arrived at without due haste.

If you judge people, you have no time to love them. - Mother Teresa

To assess and evaluate people, we scrutinize and specify but to love is to gloss over the flaws and to highlight the best features of the one loved.

I ask you to judge me by the enemies I have made. - Franklin D. Roosevelt

You can evaluate me on the quality of interactions I have made with others; however, don't forget the motives and characters of the persons that I have dealt with. The more atrocious and repugnant my enemies are, the lesser is my own degree of atrocity and repugnance.

Good judgment comes from experience. And where does experience come from? Experience comes from bad judgment. - Mark Twain

This is a far better way of putting it than, "You're looking for an employee with experience but how can I get experience if you won't employ me?"

Judge a man by his questions rather than his answers. - Francois Voltaire

Before we raise a question, the germ of the possible answer is already known to us.

Labels:

Custom Search